Must be recompiled Error while upgradation

I am upgrading the confD from 4.2.x to 4.3 and upgrade will fail with below error in “performUpgrade” method :

"ietf-inet-types.fxs: Must be recompiled"

Note: iI have recompiled “CONFD_DIR/src/confd/yang”, compilation is success. but still getting same error and fail the upgrade.

Some one please help me on issue.

-Mohan

By definition, you can’t do an “in service” upgrade when you are upgrading to a different version of ConfD, since you have to stop the old version of the ConfD daemon and start the new version (from its installation). And in fact performUpgrade etc are documented to be used for “in service data model upgrade”. So you just need to have your YANG modules compiled for the new version, and start the new version of ConfD with a confd.conf specifying their location via /confdConfig/loadPath.

There is no need for that in general, just use the corresponding .fxs files from $CONFD_DIR/etc/confd for the new ConfD version’s installation.

Thanks for your reply,

But when i upgrade minor version(4.2.2 to 4.2.4), it successfully upgrading.
so there is any difference in major and minor version while upgrade.

please help how i can upgrade to any major version.

Thanks
Mohan

Yes, the format of fxs files is typically not compatible between “major” versions (i.e. with different y and/or x in x.y[.z]) - or better put, it should always be compatible within a branch (same x.y). This is the immediate cause of the error you see, but the fact remains that you, by definition, can not do an “in service” upgrade from one ConfD version to another. “In service” means that ConfD keeps running across the upgrade, and this is obviously not possible since you have to stop the old version and start the new one.

Whenever you upgrade ConfD itself, regardless of whether it is to a different “major” version or not, use the simple “stop and start with new loadPath” method. The “in service data model upgrade” procedure is applicable when you don’t upgrade ConfD, but upgrade only your data models.

Hi,

I am upgrading confD from 5.0 to 6.0, but my exiting Web UI is not supporting confD 5.4 on words.
Still i am using webui_ng folder. And I am facing lot of compatibility issues.
but i need to use my customization folders in my new versions.

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks
Mohan

Mohan,
As you noted the WebUI framework is no longer supported after ConfD 5.4. You may want to open a ticket with Tail-f support to go over your options.