Netconf delete operation

hello,

I have configured ISIS, LDP on my router.
now, I want all the configuration on my router to be deleted using “delete-config” operation.

Can you please suggest how i do it??
As per RFC 6247, I cannot use “delete-config” on running datastore

Did you try to use <edit-config> with attribute operation=delete?

See https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6241#page-37 (delete examples)

“Edit-config” with delete operation will delete a particular parameter.
My intention is to delete the complete config. Is it still possible via edit-config?

“Edit-config” with delete operation will delete a particular parameter.

<edit-config> will delete the configuration under the element that contain the delete or remove operation.
Note that in the example on page 41 in RFC6241 a list entry with a specific key is deleted, so all data in the list entry is deleted too.

For deleting the all of the configuration, see RFC 6241 - Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) for an example.

From the ConfD UG Chapter 15 “The NETCONF Server”:

For the <delete-config> operation specified in RFC 4741 / RFC 6241, only <url> with scheme "file" is supported for the <target> parameter - i.e. no data stores can be deleted. The concept of deleting a data store is not well defined, and at odds with the transaction-based configuration management of ConfD. To delete the entire contents of a data store, with full transactional support, a <copy-config> with an empty <config/> element for the <source> parameter can be used.