Query regarding application and cdb interaction

Dear Team,

I understood that confd and the application running as a seperate process and communicating through ipc. I would like to know, is it possible to create single ipc socket to communicate from multiple applications. i.e i have 1000 applications running on my system and i need to create 1000 sockets .But i want to reduce the numbers.

One more clarification suppose multiple applications trying to the get data from same object is there any priority mechanism to send reply. i mean which process will get reply first.

Thanks,
Aarur

Here I believe you are referring to a scenario where you have multiple applications, your applications, that are subscribing to configuration updates done by for example a NETCONF client. The application subscribers typically read out the updated configuration after being notified by ConfD that a config update has occured. See pic below:

+-------------+                      
| NETCONF/CLI |    
|   view      |  
+-------------+                       
      |
      | 
      | 
+------------+ 
| CDB        | 
| data store | 
+------------+
      |
      |  CDB subscribe/read
      |
    +------------+
 +-------------| |
 | application |-+
 +-------------+

If so, you can specify the priorities for your subscribing applications to be notified in priority order of configuration updates. The applications can then, in the most common use-case, read data from CDB before other applications are notified.

Two useful posts on this topic:
How the application registers as a subscriber and handle subscription notifications
Control the order of the subscriber notifications

1 Like