ConfD User Community

Compile YANG module using flag of --feature

Hi,

I tried to compile the YANG module with the option of --feature but it looks like it doesn’t work.
The result is that all the features supported even features that I didn’t mention in the compile command.

For example:
…/…/cml/confd/kvm/Confd/bin/confdc -c --annotate eci-ldp-ann.yang -o eci-ldp-aug.fxs --verbose --fail-on-warnings -F eci-alarms:alarm-support eci-ldp-aug.yang

or

…/…/cml/confd/kvm/Confd/bin/confdc -c --annotate eci-ldp-ann.yang -o eci-ldp-aug.fxs --verbose --fail-on-warnings --feature eci-alarms:alarm-support eci-ldp-aug.yang

For both examples all the features mentioned in the eci-ldp-aug.yang module were supported.

I tried to compile with the flag of --no-features and it worked. But I want some features to be supported and some not.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Evyatar

The command you entered looks good. I am suspecting that confdc can’t find where your feature “alarm-support” is defined.

Check the example: $CONFD_DIR/examples.confd/linuxcfg/ietf_system as well, for testing.

If the feature definition is not found, the default is that all the features are enabled just as if you didn’t specify the option ‘-F’.

You can select multiple features that you want to enable. The example mentioned above shows how to do that. make all, then look at the confdc command used.

Cheers,
Nabil

Hi,

I checked your example “ietf_system” and looks like it has the same problem.
When I compiled it with the makefile the .h file contained define for “authentication-port” which is under the “radius” container the was defined under the “if-feature radius” that wasn’t mentioned in the compilation command.
After that I compiled the model with the flag “–no-features” and the result now was that “authentication-port” wasn’t defined in the .h file.

It means that -F flag isn’t working as I said.
Please assist.

Thanks,

Evyatar

It seems the Makefile(s) in the linuxcfg example uses the -F option incorrectly in versions prior to ConfD-6.5:

$ make ietf-system.h
/tmp/confd-6.4/bin/confdc  -F ntp -F timezone-name \
 -a ietf-system-ann.yang -c \
        --yangpath ..:/tmp/confd-6.4/src/confd/snmp/yang -o ietf-system.fxs ietf-system.yang
/tmp/confd-6.4/bin/confdc --emit-h ietf-system.h ietf-system.fxs
$ grep authentication.port ietf-system.h
#define sys_authentication_port 508401414
$

Fixed in 6.5:

$ make ietf-system.h
/tmp/confd-6.5/bin/confdc  -F ietf-system:ntp,timezone-name \
 -a ietf-system-ann.yang -c \
        --yangpath ..:/tmp/confd-6.5/src/confd/snmp/yang -o ietf-system.fxs ietf-system.yang
/tmp/confd-6.5/bin/confdc --emit-h ietf-system.h ietf-system.fxs
$ grep authentication.port ietf-system.h
$

I.e. as described in the confdc(1) manual page (already in 6.0):

-F features, --feature features
       Indicates that support for the YANG features should be present in
       the fxs file.  features is a string on the form
       modulename:[feature(,feature)*]

Note that the ‘modulename’ is the name of the module where the feature is defined.