Notifications eventTime is always UTC

When requesting the notifications from CLI : " show notification stream my_notification_stream"

I get something like this:

notification {
eventTime 2016-10-13T13:30:36.680267+00:00
SystemEvent {
device MyDeviceId
ManagedObject MyDevice
ReportedDateTime 2016-10-13T07:30:36.680242-06:00
SystemEventType device_upgraded
EventAdditionalInfo Success
}
}

So, my UTC offset is set to -06:00, the second parameter of confd_notification_send call from the application contains the good timezone (-06:00)
confd_notification_send(pLiveCtxt, &(notify->eventTime), notify->vals, notify->numVals)

but when requesting the notifications this time is always displayed in UTC+00:00.

How can I have it displayed in local ?

Also, where does the keyword "eventTime " comes from and can it be customized?
eventTime 2016-10-13T13:30:36.680267+00:00

Thanks a lot !

The format of the <eventTime> field in a NETCONF notification is defined in section 2.2.1 of the NETCONF Event Notifications RFC (5277) which in turn specifies the use of RFC 3339. RFC 3339 specifies the date and time format to be UTC to avoid confusions caused by daylight saving rules for local time zones.

To display the timestamp in local time zone format outside of NETCONF, your backend application will need to perform the translation before showing it through your application.

Thank you for your answer. I understand that the time is stored in UTC, and it is OK.
Still, I am a bit confused: when requesting the notifications through CLI, the answer comes from ConfD through sockets in ASCII. So, ConfD IS the backend application in this case.
Should I change the ConfD code in order to get the local time? I can try this, except that I really don’t know where to start with it.

You can start by going through the Customizing the CLI section of The CLI agent chapter of the ConfD User Guide. You can either add your own custom show commands and hide the auto-rendered one, or override the auto-rendered one with your own CLI command.

Ok, thanks a lot for the hint !