Best Practise about Start/Stop Application In YANG

Hello Folks,

First, I have to say this is great community, i can find good topics and conversations.

Then, I want to ask about starting/stoping application.
I want to start/stop my application or get active status of my application over netconf.
In this case what is the best practise. I mean i can do that via tail-f actions or yang entry(leaf)

What is your use cases ?

What is the advantage/disadvantage of using tail-f action or yang leaf for starting application.

Many Thanks,
With My Best Regards,
Onur.

The primary use case with ConfD (short for “ConfigurationDaemon”) is to have applications react to northbound clients, e.g. NETCONF clients, YANG “config true” configuration changes through a ConfD CDB subscriber that subscribes to CDB configuration changes.
The status of your application is usually displayed to northbound interface clients using YANG “config false” state data through a data provider application or having the application write the status data to ConfD’s CDB operational datastore.
In some cases you may want to send NETCONF notifications to northbound clients.

I suggest you read the RFC 7950 YANG 1.1 overview to begin with. The ConfD UG complements the YANG and NETCONF standards. The RFCs should be your main guide.

The tailf:action YANG extension should only be used if you cannot support YANG revision 1.1 for some reason. If you can implement YANG 1.1, you should use the “action” statement.
Actions are not to be used other than for special use-cases. You can view them as proprietary NETCONF RPC protocol operations. You want to stick to the standard NETCONF RPC protocol operations