Calling maapi_apply_trans() function is failing when another transaction is already going on

Hi all,

From a netconf client, I send a GET XML to fetch some operational data & it takes sometime for this transaction to finish as there is a good amount of data present. In between, I’m trying to set /confdConfig/netconf/enabled as false through maapi APIs. I create a transaction, set the element & then call maapi_apply_trans().

But, the function maapi_apply_trans() gets stuck the moment it is called & also the GET transaction stopped processing (I don’t see any more get_next/get_elem coming in trace log). After the control/worker socket timeout expires (both timeout are set to the same value), maapi_apply_trans() returns CONFD_ERR & the GET transaction is not resumed.

What is the reason for the transactions to be stuck? Is there any way to identify whether a transaction is already running before initiating a new transaction?

1 Like

Hi,

Did you find any solution for that?

Thanks

Deadlock?
See for example this topic.

Hi,

We have exact same situations in this topic that you mentioned. Our existing thread has CDB subscription events which is triggered by maapi operations. Therefore i am already doing maapi operations in different thread. But still same for me.

1 Like