mandatory true;
                            }

}
                    output {}
         } }

You can’t!
But, can you compile this?

no,i’m unable to compile this YANG.

Good because a list inside of an action is not valid YANG.
You can have lists inside of the input or output if you want.

hi,

can we define a callpoint for a list if we have defined it inside an action just like normal list?

No you can’t - what would it mean? The ‘input’ statement defines the parameters to give to an action when invoked, ConfD will pass them to the action callback/executable. How would a callpoint for any of those parameters be interpreted?

Hi per,

as per our requirement i need to generate a command for something like changing the password for a particular user.

example…
users user changepasswd [username] curpasswd **** newpasswd ****

here we want the usernames to be populated with a callpoint.

is it possible to do with actions?. please suggest if there is any alternative.

thanks.

I’m not really sure what you mean here, but it certainly doesn’t seem to be the case of a list defined inside action ‘input’ - rather it seems to be a leaf in the action input that should have the value of one of the keys in a list. The “natural” way to model such a thing is to have the leaf be type leafref { path "/path/to/list/key"'; }. A leafref in action/rpc input is fully supported only in ConfD-6.5 or later, but it works for CLI completion also in earlier versions. (Whether the list is provided by CDB or by an external data provider via a callpoint doesn’t matter.)

But I also get the impression that the list in question is actually users user, in which case you can’t really have the action be invoked as users user changepasswd without a key after user (at least not unless you want it to be invoked for all users:-). I.e. if the changepasswd action is defined in the users user list, the way to invoke it would be

users user [username] changepasswd curpasswd **** newpasswd ****

where [username] is required to be the key of an existing entry in the list. This “just works”, and seems to me to be a clean solution for your requirement