How are tailf annotations interpreted by confd under the hood?

I understand that interpreting the yang model is one of the many responsibilities of confd product. (config rollback is one other notable feature of confd)
Since yang has the ‘extension’ capability - lot of tailf annotation are developed to help create yang model to match different CLI statements on confd.

So I am curious to understand, how does confd product interprets any extensions. More specifically, the tailf annotations?

Adding further to that context, if i need a new tailf annotation or my own extension to meet the purpose of my CLI statement modelling (which is not possible with the existing set of tailf annotations), how could we do it?

There is code written for the Tail-f YANG extensions to enable ConfD to based on those extensions for example render customisations of the default CLI. There is no “extension plugin” from where you can based on your own extensions render additional customisations to the CLI.

The way to control CLI customisations is through the YANG model, Tail-f YANG extensions and the clispec (short for “CLI specification file”). For details of the myriad of options you have available from the clispec, see the clispec(5) man page.

Hi!
If I understand correctly the confdc is where tailf extensions are resolved?
BRj

You can view it as shared work between confdc, yanger, and the part of ConfD affected by the extension, e.g. the CLI interface, transaction manager, etc.