How to capture imcoming netconf get request a non-existed yang path from north bound?

Hello,
I am trying to capture the imcoming netconf rpc-get request with non-existed path and record the path item which is in rpc-get request.
For example, I am trying to get a non-existed path “/fake/path”, rpc-reply without any error. Herer I want to get a notification that get /fake/path failed. I checked the notification chapter, and did not find a way how to capture this. Can someone help to point out if there is a way.

netconf-console --pot 830 -u test -p xxx --get -x "/fake/path"
<rpc-reply xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0" message-id="1">
  <data/>
</rpc-reply>

NETCONF request with XML:

<rpc xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0" message-id="1">
  <get>
    <filter type="subtree">
      <fakepath xmlns="http://openconfig.net/yang/platform">
      </fakepath>
    </filter>
  </get>
</rpc>

<rpc-reply xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0" message-id="1">
  <data/>
</rpc-reply>

Thanks

As you likely already know, ConfD behaves according to the NETCONF RFC 6241 section 6.4.2.
There are no notifications or log entries if the filter selects nothing because no content match or selection nodes are present.

Unerstand, but I really need to get the filter selects for no content match case, is there any debug way to get some information?

I tried to set xpahTraceLog to enabled,

/confdConfig/logs/xpathTraceLog/enabled
/confdConfig/logs/xpathTraceLog/filename/xpath.trace

netconf-console  --port 830 -u test-p xxx --get -x "/fake/path"

This log can be recorded to xpath.trace
9-May-2023::09:12:22.369 get-xml filter: evaluating:  /fake/path

Is there any samiliar configuration for netconf filter?

Right, an XPath filter will trigger an XPath evaluation, and if the XPath trace log is enabled, there will be a log entry on the result of the evaluation of the XPath expression.

However, the subtree filter that your first example used will not produce a log entry when evaluated.