How to get data on standby

Hi,
is it possible to read data (read-only) on standby side of confd HA setup.
Following command is errored for me:
echo “show run” | ip netns exec default confd_cli_internal -u admin

show
syntax error: element does not exist

On active side command is executed without problems.
Thanks for help.

Not sure what that does, but yes, you can read data from a secondary/standby ConfD.

I issue command confd_cli on standby.
Then I would like to read runnig-config with “show run” command.
Result is:
show run
--------------^
syntax error: element does not exist

Is there any special command/switch to do this reading on standby?

show run

Whatever config that comes after show run … does not exist. This likely does not have anything to do with that the ConfD node is in secondary mode.

No

Debug printouts:
confd.5176 - no registration found for callpoint authorization/any of type=external
confd.5176 devel-c no registration found for callpoint authorization/any of type=external
confd.5176 audit user: admin/44 assigned to groups: sync,security,radio,oper,networking,connectivity,admin,root
confd.5176 audit user: admin/44 created new session via cli from 127.0.0.1:0 with console
confd.5176 audit user: admin/44 assigned to groups: sync,security,radio,oper,networking,connectivity,admin,root
confd.5176 audit user: admin/44 created new session via cli from 127.0.0.1:0 with console
confd.5176 confd Start of a read_write transaction by usid 45 was rejected since node is in readonly mode
confd.5176 confd Start of a read_write transaction by usid 46 was rejected since node is in readonly mode
confd.5176 audit user: admin/44 terminated session (reason: normal)
confd.5176 audit user: admin/44 terminated session (reason: normal)

A user log in via the CLI and tries to enter config mode (i.e. start a read_write transaction). Rejected since ConfD is in readonly mode (secondary).

What is the solution to avoid this error(s)?

If your confd_cli_internal program is doing the same thing as the confd_cli program, try adding a -C for C-style CLI incase your default CLI is J-style where “show running-config” will not work. I.e.

echo “show run” | ip netns exec default confd_cli_internal -u admin -C