Tailf:opaque string length 255?

what is the maxlength for the tailf:opaque “255 characters only” ?

what is the alternative if the maxlength is beyond 255 ?

I do not know if there is a limit. Did you run accros 255 character limit. Generally, I believe the opaque should be relatively short. If you need something longer, you can map shorter string to longer in the application. What is your scenario? Why do you need long opaque string?

Hi
Thanks for the reply

Yes when i cross 255 , compilation error thrown.
I need in opaque string with multiple options with enums along with descriptions, to be passed into application and will be parsed example “#01—raassd #1dsdad…goeson”

This looks like a bug and I have found issue report for it in the internal ticketing system (ENG-23750). Seems like documentation will be updated (limit added).
I suggest you review your datamodel and use shorter opaques strings (do the mapping to longer in the application handling callback).

I think this is important - tailf:opaque is not really intended for storing large strings. Store the string somewhere else (your code, a resource file, …) and use just a short identifier as tailf:opaque to tell the code which of the strings to use.

{
         tailf:validate validatefun
         {
             tailf:dependency ".";
             tailf:opaque "#0:enabled - This is service impacting. description1 #$";
         }
         tailf:validate validatefun
         {
             tailf:dependency ".";
             tailf:opaque "#1:disabled - This is service impacting. description2 #$";
         }
        }

Is it valid to register 2 validate callbacks with the same name as above

It is a bit strange, but yes, it is valid; as a result, your validation callback will be invoked twice, each time with different validation_opaque value.