Where are the configuration commit/rollback changes stored

Hi all,
For some reason, I am not able to see any output for show configuration commit list and show configuration commit changes commands as shown below

admin@orchestrator[wtc2b1fdrm01v]# show configuration commit list
% no rollback files found
admin@orchestrator[wtc2b1fdrm01v]# show configuration commit changes
Error: invalid rollback number

I have not implemented any callback methods for these commands so want to understand how does ConfD internally save these details.

Same is true for show configuration rollback changes command as well so can someone please describe the anatomy of above commands?

Thank you for your assistance!

Do you have /confdConfig/rollback/enabled set to true?

These two CLI show commands display information based on the rollback files. Refer to the man page of confd.conf for more information on the rollback files under /confdConfig/rollback section.

thank you Wai for the response, yes, i checked confd configuration file and found that rollback is set to true and rollback files are generated at the specified directory.
May I know how those rollback files might have been deleted ? Does confd automatically purge them at certain condition?

Only the oldest rollback file is purged when the /confdConfig/rollback/historySize limit has been met in order to allow a new one to be added.

Are you saying that the system was working fine with those two CLI show commands and then they stopped working at some point? Have you checked the ConfD log files?

Actually, I am still checking with client to know more details and the history related to onset of this incident. Client was able to see the outputs properly but faced this discrepancy after just upgrading the software of our product (which internally uses conf-api-6.3.jar). I’ve already enquired if similar limitation was observed in previous upgrades or not.

About ConfD log files: We’ve not enabled confd and developer logs, below is an example.

<ns0:confdLog>
  <ns0:enabled>true</ns0:enabled>
  <ns0:file>
           <ns0:enabled>false</ns0:enabled>
           <ns0:name>/var/confd/var/confd/log/confd.log</ns0:name>
  </ns0:file>
  <ns0:syslog>
  </ns0:syslog>
</ns0:confdLog>

<ns0:developerLog>
  <ns0:file>
            <ns0:name>/var/confd/var/confd/log/devel.log</ns0:name>
  </ns0:file>
  <ns0:syslog>
  </ns0:syslog>
</ns0:developerLog>

So please let me know if there is any other aspect/area I can check to navigate through this ahead? Thank you.

An upgrade may invalidate the rollback files generated prior to the upgrade. For example, there may be mandatory leaf nodes without default values that have been added in the upgraded YANG models missing in the old rollback files. Even if the rollback files are there for those cases, they can’t be used. Check to see if the rollback files may have been intentionally removed during the upgrade.